Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Software Skills

  • The software skills we learned in class were awesome tricks to create great layouts to appeal in terms of organization and to catch the eye. There were many things that I did not know before and learned that software skill in class. There were a few things i did know like using a table and the formatting, but even with the tables i never thought of using one to format a quiz or test. Using a table to format a quiz or test makes the organization so much easier.  I loved all 4 projects we had to work on. The one project I did have a bit difficulty with was the concept map. With the concept map i had to constantly adjust the sizing and spacing because when I exported it to Word it was too big to fit on the whole page in the landscape form. I really enjoyed making the newsletter on Publisher because they already had the format ready I just filled in the information and added a few clip art pictures. The flyer and the quiz were pretty easy to make. 
  • Taking the time to learn all the software skills was very beneficial, I wish I had learned them before because they could have aided me with my prior projects I had done. I think for the future in my career as a teacher the skills will definitely help a lot. It will help save a lot of time and just make each handout a lot more professional looking. 
  • The one most beneficial for me as an art teacher would probably be  Publisher and all of its features and sometimes a concept map could help with my lessons. They could help me as an art teacher in numerous ways:
-publisher to make newsletters and flyers]
-publisher could also be used to make calender art projects
-concept maps to learn a new procedure for cleanup
-concept to learn a new lesson
-concept map to study for a quiz
- i could use a concept map as the quiz









    No comments:

    Post a Comment