Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Reflections on Technology in the Classroom

Importance of Technology in the Classroom:

- Having technology in the classroom is very important. Everyday there are new technology advancements being made and if the teachers are not up to date with the current technology, they may just find the students controlling them. The teacher should know and be prepared for the students and as well as to prepare them for the future. Technology has a great importance in the classroom because we are now living in the future and this generation is all about technology.

Benefits:

-There are many benefits that technology brings in the classroom. For example the following are just a few examples:
- makes learning more fun
- opens up a wide variety of teaching strategies
- students become more willing to participate
- all students can engage in the activities
- computers and smartboards make it interactive
- Students learn better visually than listening all the time
- makes teaching a lot easier for teachers: quizzes, flyers, concept maps, documentaries, etc.



Challenges
:

-There are also some challenges that may erupt with having technology in the classroom, for example the following:
- copyright issues
- technical problems
- learning the process and material thoroughly
- knowing how to use the program
- how to effectively use it for the lesson
- how to meet standards
-students having difficulty


Reflections:

- Overall there are many lessons that I will take with me after I leave this class. I have learned so much in this class and am very grateful to have had this class. I feel a lot more comfortable with technology now and I think Ms. Mislevy did an amazing job at effectively teaching us and preparing us for the classroom. I will remember to take copyright seriously. I will use smartboard in my lessons. I learned that using boxes for quiz formatting makes grading a lot easier. I learned that technology can be used in so many ways in the classroom, greater than I expected. The material I learned in this class will benefit me in so many ways in the coming years and I am happy to have taken this.

No comments:

Post a Comment